Tuesday 27 April 2021

LO3: Setting up Adobe Photoshop


For my magazine, I have chosen to use 210mm x 148mm dimensions (+ 3mm of trim / bleed, as it allows 3mm of room for the magazine to be printed & cut). These dimensions are the same as A5 paper - I have chosen to make my magazine in a smaller print in order to make it easy to transport both for the consumer (where it takes minimal effort to carry around) and for the distributor (as it takes up less room & is lighter). It also creates an appeal that's different to other magazines of it's type, as there are no products in this size on the market. It appeals to my niche audience and makes it more likely that they'll pick up. It takes full advantage of it's smaller size to be put in shops or taken in local areas. The resolution hasn't been lowered as this could cause the images to be low resolution, or pixelated. It's also industry standard for magazines to be 300 resolution. When this is printed, a lossless file is printed - a high quality file.


https://adsupplied.archant.co.uk/adsupplied/new-a5-basic-magazine-template/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LO3: Setting up Adobe Photoshop

For my magazine, I have chosen to use 210mm x 148mm dimensions (+ 3mm of trim / bleed, as it allows 3mm of room for the magazine to be print...